WHAT ARE ONLINE CLASSES?
Online classes are a teaching aid enabling students the opportunity to continue their training at home if unable to be present in class due to prolonged illness, injury or if required to quarantine/self isolate.
This means dancers will now be able to follow along with their fellow students in real time, with audio and video from inside the studio.
Please know this service is not mandatory nor is it intended to be used as a substitute for attending regularly scheduled in-person classes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR AT HOME SET UP
- A computer, tablet or smartphone that is able to access the internet with a video camera and speaker.
– For best connectivity either have your set up as close to your home wifi router or have a designated hard wired ethernet connection.
– Make sure your speakers/headphones are turned on and the volume is up so you can hear the instructor and class music.
- An Gmail account, which includes the dancer’s name in it
–The dancer’s name enables the instructor to verify and admit the student’s entry (this is for security purposes).
- A floor space that is clear and safe (6feet x 6feet) or larger if available.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CLASS(ES)
All registered families have been emailed the online schedule and instruction’s on how to access the online classes.
Although security protocols are in place and service is restricted to BDC students only, please take it upon yourself to keep you and your dancer’s privacy as safe as possible. We recommend you do the following:
- Do not share class links
- Always exit a class promptly “END THE CALL” when class is completed
- Make sure your network security settings are password protected and on a trusted network
- Have some type of camera guard over your camera while not in operation.