FALL PROGRAMING POLICIES
(Subject to change)
We understand the world is constantly changing and our way of being and acting must adapt during this time of uncertainty. Our mission is to provide safe, quality level dance training and exceptional customer service our families have come to expect at Boston. As you familiarize yourself with the following policies please know our systems are in place to enable us to continue to offer our level of service, without compromising on our mission. We are a small business with limited staff and appreciate our families support as we navigate the year together.We understand that there may be potential unforeseen situations that arise where written policies may not directly apply. In these circumstances, BDC reserves the right to adjust or amend policies that reflect our philosophies and operation protocols for consistency purposes. We at BDC will do our part to communicate any changes immediately to our families and dancers as we adapt to current situations.
By registering you are confirming the dancer and parent/ payor have read and agreed to all policies including payments and etiquette made available in its various forms.
Students under the legal age of 18yrs old (at the time of enrollment) must have a legal guardian register for them and agree to all policies and online waivers. This person will be financially liable for the student’s fees.
- Annual tuition fees are calculated based on the total number of classes in a dance season Sept – May and include all applicable discounts and taxes
- Annual tuition is broken down equally into 9 monthly installments -making payments the same each month regardless of the number of classes in a given month
- Tuition fees will not be prorated if registering mid month
- All monthly fees listed are discounted on a sliding scale providing a break for families with students taking multiple classes
- Each additional immediate family member residing at the same address (student with the lesser amount of hours) receives a family discount built into their fees automatically
- The family discount does not apply to Home-stay students. Any visiting international students must have a valid Canadian Credit Card and authorization from the (payor) to participate
- Tuition fees are non-transferable to other students or between dance seasons
- Refunds will not be issued for classes missed due to student sickness, holidays, vacations or other activity conflicts
- First months fees are non refundable or transferable
- All classes are subject to cancellation, with full refund, if minimum enrollment is not met
- We accept Visa and Mastercard only
- Annual registration fee of $40 per student must be paid at the time of registration.
- For each successive family member the registration fee is only $20.
- Registration fees are non refundable or transferable.
This service provides unlimited access to high definition professional still images (taken during the year, in class and at any studio events) for download/ print.The cost of Media fees have previously been offset by ticket sales from our Year End showcase.
- $25 per dancer will be charged to all students February 1, 2021.
- $25 per dancer will be charged to all students April 1, 2021 pending confirmation of the Year End Showcase to cover any additional Video production costs.
- Due to the cancellation of the 2019 Year End Showcase, all 19/20 returning dancers will receive a $25 credit applicable towards media fees only during the 2020/21 dance season
COSTUME PRE PAYMENTS
Due to the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 and our ability to hold mass gatherings or participate in group events, Boston Dance will not be ordering costumes or charging costume prepayments until we receive more definitive directions from both the Provincial Health Authorities and performance venues. Once permission has been received to schedule events, families will be notified and costume prepayments will be processed.
Pre-payments are used for the eventual purchase of costumes on behalf of students performing in Festival, Competitions and Year End Showcase(s) which students get to keep. In general costumes range from $90 – $125. This prepayment amount is deducted from final costume invoices that are charged to family accounts in May. Costume and tuition fees do not cover the cost of organizing, or sourcing costumes. This is a service provided voluntarily by our faculty.
- $90 per performance class (adult, exam or technique classes are exempt).
- $180-$270 for Company/CREW classes.
Students with costumes with a cost equivalent to the pre-payment will not receive an invoice. Generally costumes range from $90 – $125. Costume and tuition fees do not cover the cost of organizing, sourcing out or fitting time and is a voluntary service of our faculty.
Due to safety protocols requiring dancers arrive to the studio in proper attire, ready for class this season Boston Dance has minimized dance attire requirements
Students are to arrive dressed in attire and ready for class (masks are optional).
There will be no changing into dance attire permitted in the facility (except dance shoes).
There will be no bare feet permitted in the studio or building.
If a Dancer has more than one class the Dancer doesn’t change.
Dance attire will be emailed and available to families on our website.
Dance Attire is a separate cost not included in your fees, purchased from a local dance store.
FESTIVAL / COMPETITION ENTRY FEES ie PERFORMANCE FEES
Festival/Competition fees are non-refundable for any reason (including medical). These payments are made in advance by BDC to organizations on behalf of each dancer as required “entry fees”. Families and students will be notified by email prior to December 15 if their dancer’s class is scheduled to participate in any festivals/competitions. Participation in the Year End Showcase is mandatory for any dancer participating in festival and/or competition, no exceptions. Performance fees will be charged to Family accounts late January/February. Families will be notified when Performance fees have been posted to their family accounts for review prior to the processing of the fees. BDC reserves the right to charge late fees and/or add payments to automated monthly credit card charges if not paid by specified due date.
Additional fees may include but are not limited to the following. These fees go to cover additional opportunities that the studio may provide to our dancers in addition to their class training. Families will be notified in advance of these services and are no means mandatory. Additional fees may include but are not limited to the following:
- Studio Clothing (not mandatory, costs can vary depending on items)
- Community Events eg Santa Parade
PAYMENT PLAN INFO
- A valid Credit Card is required to stay enrolled in BDC classes. No exceptions.
- We cannot facilitate any special payment plan arrangements. No exceptions.
- Payments by Visa or MasterCard only. No exceptions.
- All charges for Tuition Fees, Registration, Costume, Media, Festival/Competition and other will be processed to the Credit Card provided.
- First months Tuition and Registration fees are due at the time of online enrollment.
- Automatic monthly billing payments for fall programing will be processed beginning on the 1st of October through May 1st (8 instalments in total)
- Families will receive automated payment receipts via email once Credit Cards have been processed.
- Dancers will not be permitted into class with outstanding balances on their accounts.
FALL PAYMENT PROCESSING SCHEDULE
- Upon enrollment – Registration Fees processed
- Upon enrollment – First Months Tuition processed
- October 01 – Recurring Monthly Payment Processing for Tuition fees begins
- May 01 – End of Payment Schedule – Final payment for Tuition fees
- TBA – Costume Fees(s) processed
- February 1- Media Fees processed
- Jan/Feb – Festival/Competition Fees (if applicable)
- April 1 – second installment of media fee processed (if applicable)
- Apr/May/June – Additional Costume Invoices (if required)
NSF, DECLINED, LATE OR OUTSTANDING PAYMENTS
- Payor will be notified of any declined credit card payments via email.
- A second attempt to process will be made on the 10th of the month (with no additional fees).
- Accounts left outstanding after the second attempt will be subject to a $45 administrative fee and students not be allowed in class.
- Payment will be required in order for students to resume classes.
- Any outstanding account amounts will be automatically processed on the next recurring billing cycle or at the discretion of BDC if falling outside of the billing schedule.
- (BDC) reserves the right to submit overdue payments or accounts in poor standing to collection agencies if necessary.
- Families with outstanding accounts may have dancers participation from classes revoked.
- There is a $25 administration fee per class withdrawal (unless class is cancelled by the studio).
- $10 administrative fee will apply to any changes to student schedules initiated by family or student after enrollment is completed.
- Administrative fees will be waived for returning families who are requesting a class switch July 6-10 only.
- There are no administrative fees for students who wish to ADD classes.
STUDENT SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS
- ALL changes to student registration (drop, switch or add) require written notice via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please submit any changes by the 25th of the month so that your monthly billing charges will reflect changes made by the 1st of the following month.
- Verbal communication is not valid for notice of changes.
- Instructors are not responsible for passing along verbal notice of withdrawals or changes to schedules from students.
CLASS WAITLIST PROCEDURE
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Once full, a class is no longer visible online for enrollment and no one has the ability to enroll in the class regardless if it was on a student’s pre approved list.. To be added to the waitlist:
- Email the office email@example.com immediately to request your dancer be put onto the waitlist. Please ensure you include both your dancer’s name and the name of the desired class.
- Dancers will be added to the waitlist in order of request determined by the date and time stamp on emails.
- We are unable to process any waitlist requests by phone.
- Once a spot becomes available, families will be contacted via email and have 24hrs to reply and confirm enrollment before the spot is offered to the next dancer on the waitlist.
WITHDRAWAL POLICY DETAILS
- Once correct class placement is complete, students are registered for the dance season, September to May.
- As of November 1, all students are expected to remain enrolled at Boston Dance for the remainder of the dance season ending May 31.
- As of November 1, any family choosing to withdraw their student from all classes will be charged the remaining season’s tuition fees in full.
- As of November 1, any family choosing to withdraw their student from some but not all classes, will continue to be charged their full monthly tuition for all classes including those from which they chose to withdraw.
- All withdrawal requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31 2020.
- Absolutely no refunds for withdrawals will be issued for withdrawals after October 31. This includes but not limited to: tuition, costume, media and festival/competition performance fees.
- If withdrawing mid month no refunds will be issued.
- Instructors are not responsible for passing along verbal notice of withdrawals or changes to schedules from students.
- Any withdrawals that are eligible for a partial refund are calculated without discounts, promotions, scholarships and include all administrative fees.
- Students who miss 4 consecutive classes and have not notified the studio will be considered withdrawn and the remaining year’s tuition will be charged in full.
- BDC reserves the right to charge additional administrative fees to families who are not in communication with the studio in cases where attendance or commitment is in question.
STUDENT & PARENT CONDUCT AGREEMENT
- I agree to be respectful and kind to students and staff at all times.
- I agree to abide by the COVID-19 Student Safety Protocols at all times, and keep updated with any changes made in its various forms.
- I agree to avoid engaging with gossip, hearsay or spreading rumors directly or indirectly through conversations, email, text messages or social media sites.
- Any behavior by student/parent to another student/parent or staff member considered to be emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, harassment, or bullying will result in immediate dismissal (no refund).
- I understand due to new safety protocols dancers must arrive in dance attire prior to entering the building until further notice.
- I will be respectful of our studio facility/venues, including: class rooms, lobbies, office space, outside entrances, parking lots and washrooms at all times.
- I agree to refrain from bringing any unnecessary items into the building and take with me what I bring in. LEAVE NO TRACE.
- I agree it is my responsibility to be mindful of the shared facility by keeping noise level to a minimum when outside of studios.
- I agree to respect the personal property of others and the studio facility and understand any theft or vandalism is a breach in the Law and will result in dismissal (without a refund).
- I will stay informed and act upon ALL information provided by the studio in its various forms (website/emails/newsletters/social media).
- We ask all dancers and parents to be on time for pickups & drop offs.
- Boston Dance reserves the right to administer a late fee to any parent more than 10 minutes late picking up their dancer.
- It is my responsibility to be aware of dates made available by the studio that affect my dancer.
- I understand the Year End Show and Dress rehearsals are tentatively scheduled for May 27-30 and may be subject to change or cancelled due to Covid-19 public health safety guidelines or orders.
- I will ensure my dancer will be available to attend all dress rehearsals and year end showcases in May. Failure to do so will result in a performance penalty. This excludes Adult classes & Students attending their Dogwood graduation ceremony that directly conflicts with Year End Showcase dress rehearsals.
- I understand my dancer may be in more than one dress rehearsal and year end showcase if taking multiple classes.
- I understand instructors reserve the right to amend or alter class choreography if needed based on class participation.
- I understand regular attendance and participation in class throughout the year is encouraged unless the dancer is not well. Dancers must stay home.
- I understand it is my responsibility to read and understand all the payments and policies BDC has outlined above.
Please keep in mind that kindness and respectful communication goes a long way around the studio. We want to foster a healthy and positive environment at Boston Dance, free of any negative or destructive behaviours that lead to unnecessary conflict or drama. If there is ever a concern or issue regarding our policies and or your dancer, please feel free to approach us respectfully (administration staff only). We ask you not to approach our instructors, other students or parents regarding issues of concern. We will do our best to address the situation with understanding and offer our support and resolution options.
RIGHT TO REFUSE
Boston Dance Inc (BDC) reserves the right to refuse business to any student or family. Boston Dance also reserves the right to remove, withdraw, and cancel student registration for the following reasons (but not limited to):
- Outstanding or late payments (costume, tuition, fees or other).
- Behaviour or actions in conflict of the studios Student Safety Protocols in regards to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Disrespectful, negative, or inappropriate behavior not in line with BDC’s philosophies and conduct by either dancer or family member.
- Students and Families not complying with BDC’s policies and procedures.
- Attendance, commitment and participation issues or concerns.